Thursday, April 23, 2009

Standing Ovation for Students

OK...so it has been a long time since I last posted. Probably too long and I should've just started again next year. But, I think that I am going to try to renew my commitment to this blog! I know, I know, I can sense your excitement. My biggest change will be that I am going to do shorter posts that I will update more frequently.

So...on to the standing ovation for students:
We had our 3rd quarter award's assemblies today. During our assembly for 5K-2nd grade students, we honored our 2nd grade students who met MAP (Measurements of Academic Progress) - a national norm-referenced test - growth goals from the fall to the spring. As we announced the names of the students who met their goals from each homeroom, all of the 2nd grade teachers gave the kids a standing ovation! It was great to see all of them supporting each other and all the kids in the grade level. That type of enthusiasm can easily translate to a better learning environment for all students.