Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pie Time!

On Thursday afternoon, I had 17 students in 2nd-5th grades do something they have probably been wanting to do all year...put a pie in my face!
Our school participates in an online math program, First in Math, with other schools in the state of South Carolina - as well as around the nation. We challenged our students to solve half a million math problems by the 1st of May. The result of meeting the challenge was that the top point earner in each class was able to put a pie in my face at an afternoon assembly. The students solved over 515,000 problems by the date and on Thursday, I made good on my end of the challenge. We brought all 500 students into the multi-purpose room and let the fun begin! The kids did a great job and earned their reward!
Good luck as we continue to try to earn more points than any other school in the state. Mr. Greene's 5th grade students are currently the top class in the state...keep up the good work!!!

No comments: